Pages

February 4, 2010

Sunrise Watch (Day Three)

Sunrise

My "sunrise watch" every morning turned out totally different than I expected. Like this morning - the sky was just gray all over! There was no sun, no moon, no anything. I was awake at the "real" time of the sunrise, but saw nothing. And now, does it count as watching the sun rise or not? It does feel like it, but... I am counting it, but will do my best to replace these misty days with some real sunrise watching.

Why the sunrise watch? Well, it coincides with me waking up earlier (at 7) every morning to study for my upcoming exams, but, more honestly, I guess it all just comes from my watching the sunsets all my life. Haven't had that much of sunrises, though. Also, there's that urge to do something (at the moment, anything) considered at least a bit challenging, and, well, waking every day at 7 (and not having to go to work) to study and watch the sun does feel challenging. And, as always, there's that little blogging voice that said it all before - Leo@Zen Habits, in this case.

Waking up early - and doing stuff in the misty mornings - has already proven to be a great way to start my day. Sure, I'm still working on not feeling tired early in the evenings because of this, but I've realized - once again - that I am, in fact, a natural early riser. Add that... misty morning feeling, when everyone's still asleep and you get no distractions whatsoever, and it truly does make a great start.

Just to add to that, I'm already having plans on going some adventurous sunrise watching - this Saturday I'm going to see the sun rise between the spires of the Zagreb cathedral. (It's number 98 on my 101 in 1001 challenge list. :) It should really, really be fun. An uncle of mine used to take pictures of sunrises every day for a while, also at one interesting monument in Rijeka. (More about that later, when I have my photos to show. ;) It's almost like... the ancient times, when the Sun did control everyone's lives, and those tiny, most important seconds of the day were celebrated like almost nothing else.

(Eh, I do remind myself I'm a romantic, too, at times like these.;)

No comments:

Post a Comment