Pages

February 9, 2010

Finally, A Sunrise to Watch

by Vesna
After five days of trying to watch the sun rise, I've finally managed to get a glimpse of the red through the snow clouds this Sunday. Can you imagine the thrill I went through while rushing through the kitchen (yes, I am lucky enough to have an east-facing kitchen in this flat), opening the window in hope and finally getting my reward for a week of rising way too early and seeing just one sunrise in those six days?

Even better, half an hour later even the Sun itself showed up between the branches of the tree in its way and awarded me with my first real sunrise watch since it all started. Everything seems so much better now. I've instantly begun to sing a "sun song" in my mind and started to look forward to the rest of my day. (You know when a song sticks to your thoughts and you can't get rid of it through the whole day? For me, lately they're all songs that mention the sun. Today it was a U2 sun, though I can't remember which one exactly - I'll surely share them all with you in the days to come - they have quite a bit.;)

Now, it doesn't matter that I have loads of studying and essay writing to do, it doesn't matter that I'm scared as hell as what my future years will look like. I've seen the Sun. I can't really explain it, but it somehow charged my emotional batteries. (It definitely comes from two or more months of the winter that's behind me. Can't wait to finally see spring!) I think I'll probably extend the #10 on my 101 in 1001 list and continue to wake up and watch the sun rise for as long as I can. It's getting harder, though - the days are getting longer and the sun's getting up couple of minutes earlier every day. I'll soon have to chase it through the mist of rising even earlier, but hey, it surely is worth it. I'll just make sure tho check the weather prognosis in advance.

And I've just found out that this Monday is the first one to have daylight for 10 whole hours in my country. I'll make sure I use them all well.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment