Pages

February 15, 2010

I Do Not Want to Be Your Teacher

Free

I would never dream of teaching anybody anything (unless it's even remotely connected to sewing or SF ;). I do not claim, or have any illusions, that I have any skill, when it comes to minimalism, or that I could help even one person to make their dreams come true. I've given up on the idea of changing the world a long time ago - now I'm just doing my best to change myself.

My posts are personal because that's the way I was constructed - I'm one of those wearing their hearts on their sleeves. I truly wish to share what I'm going through with the rest of the world, and maybe in the process learn something about myself (and the world!). I started this journey by reading blogs and dreaming dreams, and that's what I still do - I read and I dream. But, in the meantime, this blog is being born, day by day, with all those tiny tiny steps that could one day lead to something beautiful.

What I do want is to share those steps with you. I do want to give out resources I've used myself - many of them written by many great bloggers out there - and share the conclusions I create every day by reading about, re-thinking, and living my desire to be a minimalist - and consequently be free.

Through this blog, I am, more than ever, learning to rely on myself in everything I do, and indulging myself endlessly by doing what I love best - writing. If any of the words that come down my fingertips resonate in any way with your own thoughts and feelings, please, share your part of this great story we're all weaving by living our own individual destinies - and creating new ones for ourselves, those that will make us (and the people we care so much about) happy.

There's no fate but the one we make ourselves - as someone else had said before.* I hope that you will, as I have before, through this blog find that you're not on your own while creating your version of "fate".

Nobody said it was easy.** It just doesn't have to be so hard, don't you think?;)


(*Kyle Reese. I have spoken.)
(**Coldplay. Like you didn't know that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment