Pages

March 24, 2010

101 in 1001 - A Month Later

101 in 1001 lily dreams

A couple of days ago it turned a month since I've created my 101 in 1001 list, and since I've been thinking about it quite a lot lately, I reckon' I'd write a post about the progress of the 101 things on the list - at least the ones I'm making progress in. It brings me great joy, and, after all, this blog does serve as a way to share my experience with the 101 in 1001 thing. Yeah, that's a lot of zeroes.

A month later, I've managed to finish three things - #9, wake up at 7 for a week (to study and live ;), #90, study without distractions for two-three weeks, and #6, publish at least one post a week for a month. I've made a great attempt at #1, go vegan for at least one month, but I've only managed to do two weeks before I went home and... no need to go further, I'm sure.

A couple of more are on their way - #4, #5, #28, #42, and #100, with #87 rising up every couple of weeks, when I find a new topic and explore it in great depths. It's funny, actually, I could have "finished" #87 a few times now, but I don't need to take it of the list that soon. I'll rather leave it open for future possibilities.

And now, a month later - how does it feel? It still feels great. I still have the feeling (although I don't need it that much anymore) that there are a few things that I can do even when everything else fails. But, more importantly, I'm still dreaming. The process of making it - and doing stuff from it - has got my imagination up and running, making my subconscious mind create all sorts of wonderful, fun things I could do in the future. Making me feel the world awaits me. And that, even more than any of the tiny "goals" on the list, is one hell of an achievement.

So, the list keeps rolling, in a way. My dreams keep growing, too. And, honestly, I'm in no rush to finish the list. Not because there's a lot of time left. Because I'm enjoying the process. I keep on doing it for a long, long time... and who knows where it all might end.

No comments:

Post a Comment